Monday, August 9, 2010

First day of school 2010


The kids all went back to school today. Kaylin and Ethan started at Marley Park with Jacob, Nick and Luc. They were so excited this morning. Kaylin was so excited she actually planned her outfit the night before, and smiled in all the pictures this morning. Those are two firsts for her.
Day 2- the excitement has faded for all but Kaylin. Ethan feigned a fever this morning, and all the boys were looking for a ride to school. Suddenly the "we want to ride to school" became "we want a ride to school."
Jacob, however, actually knew what assignments he would be doing today and did the necessary preparations, which may seem insignificant unless you knew that he has rarely done this in the past. This is a big year for him being in junior high now, and needing to prepare for high school since it's right around the corner!
I was a little sad yesterday with them being gone. This was mainly because of the great weekend we had just had together. We sang songs in the car, and we enjoyed our time together. But after a second day of getting five kids ready I'm glad to exhale now that they're off for the day. Making five lunches is a bit trickier than making three! It's tempting to say "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit." Hmmm. Maybe that should be 'or mom'll throw a fit'. I'll survive, I'm sure. I even managed not to get buried in the paperwork the school sent home. Miraculous, I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment