Would probably be impossible at this point... So we'll just start with last night. Last night Glen showed me how the earth under our sidewalk is now next to our sidewalk...thanks to yet another busted pipe in our drip system. That makes 3 pipes, half a dozen sprinklers, all 4 valves and 1 valve overflow pressure thingy we've replaced in the last 18 months. Including replacing the drip line that runs under the driveway. Soooo, I decided to ask Heavenly Father to help me have more faith that he is blessing me this week, because the impulse to sell this place gets stronger every day. This afternoon I was getting ready to take the kids to the library and then jet over to Target to exchange Hyrum's diapers for the next size up after 3 blowouts yesterday (including one as we were loading the kids into the bus for church). I was carrying him down the stairs and after 8 years of living in this house I suddenly forgot about the bottom step. I walked straight out into thin air and came down like a lumberjack's prize. First I landed on my feet which buckled hard and then fell forward slowmo. Just slow enough to keep Hyrum from cracking his little head on the floor. It hurt pretty good, not gonna lie- but my first thought was 'Thank you Heavenly Father! My ACLs are intact!' Lol! (My sister in Law, Miken, fell about 18 months ago while holding her baby and completely disconnected her ligament on her kneecap).
Well, yes I do feel blessed now. I sat on the ground for about 10 minutes holding the baby and contemplating my ankles. I thought about worst case scenario and was glad that it wasn't broken bones. I also thought (it could be worse) they could've still looked like this:

Apparently my ways are not His ways, and he will answer my prayers in his own ways. Custom fit to me and the insanity that is my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment