Last week I pulled up the carpet downstairs. It had already started to disintegrate after 11 years, 7 kids, and 2 dogs. It was just done. I didn't even tell my hubby; I just sent him pictures at work. Guess what? I ripped up the carpet in the hallway!
And one week later we are in the middle of a downstairs renovation. We can't just rip up floors and replace them. We have to repaint. And throw in some window casings while we're at it. We need new furniture desperately, but I'm trying not to eat the whole elephant at once.
We've also enlisted the help of our kids. They happily completed the demo work on our baseboards-finally we have a use for all their destructive energy!
It was feeling pretty drab in here after 11 years of the same old same old.
This was after carpets were gone but before I took down my window treatments. After 11 years, I'm good with not having them up ever again. Why would I hide my new window casings? ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment